Tuesday 7 August 2007

Iron Man (2008)



I'm really looking forward to this comic book adaption of Iron Man, thats partly to do with the great images released showing the suit in all its glory and also that Robert Downey Jr. (I'll call him RDJ for short) is playing the lead.


I love the quirky characters he has played in previous films such as the hilarious 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang' and the strange but interesting 'A Scanner Darkly'. The self narrating, fast talking, semi-crazy missfits that I expect mirror certain aspects of RDJ's personal yet very public life. I hope in Iron Man he'll play a similar type of character.

This film is being directed by former 'Swingers' actor turned director Jon Favreau who already has a few films (Zathura & Elf) under his belt (non of which I've seen though). It'll be interesting to see what he can do with this movie, can he turn it into the new big franchise to take over from Spider-Man?

I'm sure a teaser trailer will become available soon so watch this space.