Friday 11 January 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)

I am really looking forward to watching this.

For Christmas I got the original Indiana Jones trilogy on dvd for the first time ever, on any format! I've no idea why its taken me so long to have these fantastic films in my ever growing movie collection but I'm glad they've arrived.

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is set in 1957, a good idea since it keeps Harrison Fords age in check with the storyline. Russians have taken over from the Nazi's with Cate Blanchett playing one of them.

I haven't been looking too deep into the story but from the rumours going around the internet at the moment Indiana's new sidekick, Shia LaBeouf could be Marion (Karen Allen - from Raiders of the Lost Ark) & Indiana's lovechild.

Extra rumours are going around mentioning LaBeouf will take over the lead for a new generation of Indiana Jones movies although this is just speculation at the moment, Spielberg's yet to mention anything although he hasn't flatly denied the idea.



Another rumour suggests the trailer for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull may be attached to the start of the J.J. Abrams monster flick Cloverfield (previously known as just 'J.J. Abrams Untitled Project'). I hope its true, Cloverfield gets released in under a month!

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull opens in the UK and worldwide on the 22nd of May, I can't wait!!!

Check out the official Indiana Jones website for exclusive behind the scenes videos, photos and gossip.