Sunday 21 September 2008

Knight Rider - 1st Season Premiere

I'm probably the only person that liked the recent pilot for Knight Rider and I'm probably the only person that's going to enjoy the new series!

I've just watched the web exclusive premiere episode of the new Knight Rider, not due to be screened in the US until 24th September.

From the "Get Go!" its full of car chases, explosions and exiting life-or-death action. Its definitely influenced by action cinema and in comparison does an impressive job considering the show is made on a much smaller budget to its celluloid cousin.

There's a whole load of CGI which a lot of the Knight Rider purists don't agree with but I don't mind, the show should keep up with todays technology and if CGI is the way forward "go use the hell out of it!". Using the new FX tech, K.I.T.T can do lots of extra things including Transformer esque transformations into other vehicles, it looks totally awesome.

Mike Tracer/Knight (played by Justin Bruening) has an interesting back story as an Iraq war Vet with a healthy dose of amnesia! I expect this will follow Mike through the rest of the series in a Wolverine/X-Men way as he tries to understand his past and the people he had dealings with.

The rest of the characters in the cast seems pretty standard for the genre but features enough eye candy with a nice amount of humour to keep me entertained. Val Kilmer is still the voice of K.I.T.T which was quite a surprise, I thought an unknown but similar sounding person would have taken over after the pilot episode.

Roll on episode 2!