Sunday 18 May 2008

The Cleveland Show



Recently announced by the FOX network, The Cleveland Show will coming to a screen near you in 2009. As you've probably guessed its a Family Guy spin-off and will likely be a rip of The Cosby Show but with the addition of Seth MacFarlane's twisted sense of humour.

Looking at the only picture available at the moment it seems Cleveland now has three kids (including a black version of Stewie and Chris Griffin) and a new wife. He has white neighbours (probably British or German at a guess) on one side so expect a load of racial humour and on the other side it looks like the neighbours are massive guinea pigs that probably talk. What's that about?

Family Guy is a very hit and miss show for me. Don't get me wrong, when the jokes and flashbacks seem relevant its hilarious but its just not consistently good when compared to South Park for example, one of my most favourite comedies.

Cleveland isn't my most favourite character from Family Guy (I really don't like the slow and boring way he speaks) but I'm willing to give the pilot episode a chance when it becomes available next year.